Mi cesta

Widget Area

Please login and add some widgets to this widget area.

What is the açai?

For centuries, açaí berries were recognised and consumed exclusively in the rainforests of South America, where they constitute an essential nutrient in the indigenous diet of of the Amazon, and are also used as a natural medicine for treating skin diseases and digestive ailments.

A consumption study indicating the traditional uses that the indigenous peoples have made of the açaí has spread knowledge about its health and nutritional properties. This has expanded açaí consumption, first in Brazil and, more recently, in other countries.

nuestra marca

The fruit

The Açaizeiro fruit is round, about 10 to 14 mm in diameter, a dark purple, almost black colour and the palm tree grows in clusters called “horns”, consistently producing 3 to 5 per tree, with 500 to 900 fruit (two crops per year). The much desired fruit (pulp) is only 10% of what makes up the berry, the remaining 90% being the seed or pit. Its flavour is reminiscent of a mixture of berries and chocolate, wild raspberry with a little grape.

Açai berries cannot be consumed. They need to be processed in order to obtain their maximum nutritional value. The berry loses its nutritional value if it is not handle properly when picked. Hence, there are different qualities of the product and not all have the same properties which we have discussed above.

Fruto Açai


  1. Pulp 10%
  2. Seed 90%

What does the acai berry contain?

  • A high content of anthocyanins (antioxidantes)(antioxidants) – 15 to 30 times more than red wine.
  • Vitamins A y C which strengthen the immune system (defenses), skin and red blood cell formation.
  • Vitamin B complex, which helps us get more out of the nutrients from the food we eat, giving us more energy.
  • Essential fatty acids Omegas 3, 6 and 9. These fats are “friends” of the human body and are very important for our health. Unlike many other compounds, these are considered “essential” because our body does not produce them, even thought they are involved in vital functions, especially in the structure of cell membranes and the synthesis of prostaglandins, lecithin and myelin.
  • A large amount of fibre, which helps the digestive system and reduces the risk of certain cancers. In Brazil, açai berries are used to treat digestive disorders and some skin conditions.
  • Açai is extremely rich in organic vegetable protein (it contains more protein than eggs) so it does not produce cholesterol during its digestion and is more easily assimilated by the body than animal protein (milk, eggs, meat).